Saturday, November 6, 2010

Grim Reaper on the Patio

About.com - My paranormal experience happened when I was 16 years old. It was during the second week of July, 2007. My entire family and I were in a small village near Mexico City. We were there because my grandmother was very ill, connected to a machine for life support. She didn't have many days remaining.

One night, my female cousins and I were on the patio talking about our life stories. All the adults were already sleeping. Hours had passed and it was already around midnight. My cousins decided to go to bed, but the weird thing is that I didn't. I got this feeling that something or someone wanted me to stay behind.

There were black butterflies flying next to me. I didn't get scared. As I finally was about to go inside the house, I turned to the left and saw a full black figure. This figure was about ten feet away from me. It was tall and lean. It was wearing a black cape that covered its entire body.

It had its hands together like if it was praying, hunched over like a creature. I became frozen and I just stood there looking at it for a few seconds. I became unfrozen and turned my head quickly; when I looked back it was gone.

I believe it was the Grim Reaper. A week later my grandmother passed away. To this day, whenever I talk about it, I get chills and get very nervous because I know it was real. I haven't spoken about this experience to anyone. Not even to my cousins of that night. I've experienced other things here in the United States as well. I've heard noises and plates falling by themselves.

Actually, just a few days ago, I heard giggles coming from a female voice from my living room. Neither of the homes I've lived in have been haunted. It's me that can hear and see stuff that others can't.

No comments: